The role of the company’s Board of Directors is to oversee the management and the company’s strategic development and to assure that the long-term interests of all shareholders and other stakeholders are being served.
Birger Sørensen – Chairman of the board.
- Cand.real /MSc, Physical Chemistry (minors: Mathematics and Biochemistry), University of Tromsø
- Founder President and CEO of original Bionor Immuno AS (2000)
- Chairman of the Norwegian Bio Industry Association (2006 -2010)
- EVP and Head of Vaccines Bionor Pharma ASA (2010-2012), Directed vaccine R&D – 31 peer-reviewed publications and a range of patents covering Vacc-4x and Vacc-C5
Dag Arne Wivelstad – Board member.
- Siv.ok, BI, Oslo and MBA Finance, University of Wisconsin, Madison – USA
- Former Alfred Berg, ABG Sundal Collier and SEB Enskilda
- Investor and project developer
Aslak Aslaksen – Board member.
- Aslak Aslaksen holds Master of Law degrees from University of Oslo and Harvard Law School.
- Extensive experience as partner in law firms.
- Investor and project developer in Renewable Energy, Biotech, Mining & Minerals.
- Member of Oslo City Council 2007 – 2015.
Knut Terje Smerud – Board member.
- Knut T. Smerud holds Master of Science in Biochemistry from the University of Oslo, and an undergraduate degree from Norwegian school of management.
- Extensive experience from overseeing a large number of clinical trials as Head of Smerud Medical Research CRO Group.
- In recent years, he has initiated and directed several clinical research consortia in the EU, all aiming to raise public funding to small-capped biotech companies for conducting clinical trials of new drugs or devices. Under his leadership, some 40 mEUR has been raised in non-dilutive public R&D grants to this sector.
- He is frequently invited as a lecturer to various conferences on clinical trial management and clinical research in general and has been a lecturer for a post-graduate course in Clinical Drug Development at the University of Uppsala over the last 16 years.
- His publication list includes 25 manuscripts, and he is a reviewer for British Medical Journal and Transplant International.