Bionor Holding AS’s mission is to identify a functional cure for HIV through the use of two or more vaccines and the immune system. Bionor is the first company, which has successfully completed clinical trials and created a combination of therapeutic vaccines towards a functional cure. The company believes it has the first-mover advantage based on clinical results to date on Vacc-4x, Vacc-C5, and CRX. Bionor currently retains full ownership rights to Vacc-4x, Vacc-C5,
History and development
Bionor Holding AS is a privately held Norwegian biopharmaceutical company focused on advancing its proprietary therapeutic vaccines Vacc-4x and Vacc-C5 towards a functional HIV cure. To date, Bionor has invested more than USD 100 million in technology, preclinical and clinical development research.
Bionor Immuno AS was a spin-off from Bionor AS, founded in 1985 in Skien, Norway with a focus on developing diagnostic tests for viral diseases. Bionor Immuno AS decided to leverage its immunology expertise by exploring the use of its proprietary compounds for viral diseases in the development of peptide vaccines.
Bionor Immuno AS is 100% owned by Bionor Holding AS. The acquisition of Bionor Immuno was completed late autumn 2017.
- 1985Bionor AS founded by Birger Sørensen et.al.
- 1999First use of Vacc-4x in humans.
- 2004Grant of the Vacc-4x patent in the U.S.
- 2008Launch of Vacc-C5 research.
- 2010Merger of Bionor Immuno AS and Nutri Pharma ASA name change to Bionor Pharma ASA.
- 2013Launch of ‘Shock & Kill’ therapeutic strategy.
- 2014Vacc-4x monotherapy trial results reported and REDUC Part A results presented at IAS 2014.
- 2015Successful completion of the REDUC trial.
- 2016Solon Eiendom acquires Bionor.
- 2017Founder of Bionor, Birger Sørensen, and his team repurchased Bionor.
- 2017New strategy of combining Vacc-4x and Vacc-C5, secure regulatory path and commercialization.
- 2017Partner agreement with Smerud Medical Research International.
- 2018Bionor Pharma AS change name to Bionor Holding AS with Bionor Immuno as a wholly owned subsidiary.